Saturday, January 27, 2007

More pics of mostly finished projects...and other stuff

This is a pretty long post, and is photo intensive. (Lots of pics). I wanted to get some better shots on what I have been doing. Yesterdays post left me half unfullfilled because I hadn't gotten everything done, when I made the entry, so I went back and did some more work and am better satisfied at the result.
Here are some new pics of the T34/85's.


One of the joys of digital photography, (other than the fact that you don't waste film trying to get "That right shot"), is the fact that I can go back after looking at a pic and fill in the painting spots that I have missed. The little white/grey areas. It's a good thing. It helps me get all the nook and crannies, and it helps because of my old eyesight and sometimes you just don't see them.

Besides my tanks, I finished up my two Recon Gun Jeeps:



These are modified FoW Recon Jeeps with Peter Pig Gunners in them. They were great to paint up, and I had a blast doing it. You can see these guys and realize that when they aren't being attacked they are probably out looking for trouble...
No unit can fight in the field unless it has some type of support...thus my 2 FoW Dodge 1 1/4 ton Weapons Carriers...and my Halftrack. Used to carry troops, supplys, weapons, stolen loot, etc...they are ready for action...pretty much...I've got a few finishing touches on the halftrack but the WC's are ready...


The WC's were a joy to paint. Easy to clean with no flash, priming went well, although I think I won't use White Primer again. The base coat was Uniform green, highlighted with USA Uniform, and OD. I used "Iraqi Sand" to higlight the dusty areas. Base coat on the ground is Dark Brown/Burnt Umber. The colors blended in better than I thought they would, and the effect was fantastic.

The halftrack is looking good too...just a few more touches...

On top of that, I got curious as to what a decent force size pic would look like, so I tossed a portion of my NDF field elements there. This is about 1/2 of what I have built for them so far...it gives a good idea of the camo combos and the weathering effects used.

Coming soon to a village near you...
Another idea in contrast was seeing how the Recon Forces looked against some of my UN forces...What you see here is a mild mix of Peter Pig, QRF, and Fow Vehicles and figs...nice effect if I do say so myself...btw...the truck in the back...I am working on FIVE MORE of them for the UN....Gotta move "Food for Oil" somehow or another!!!!
My final little project to show y'all is a toy Mig15 that I picked up the other day. For 1.49 I was able to get this little toy, and decided that it would be good air support for the ground troops...first thing was to get rid of those nasty commie red stars...thus entered "Mr. Dremel"...

A few minutes later and some national colors printed out from my printer and the First Combat Jet Aircraft of the Newly Created Bongolesian Air Force sits on the tarmac...waiting for a qualified pilot...and fuel....and spare parts....and a runway....and a control tower....and....
I've recently counted my vehicles and realized that I have over 50 of them for AK47...however I am still short of technicals, and M113's....and this is without counting the American Equipment. I've got a ton of projects I have to do, including the soccer field for the Sudekian Terrors, the Airport, the Tramp Steamer, and more...but all in due time...

As usual, comments are appreciated...Hope you enjoyed...















No comments: